13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
17 Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. 18 Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.
• 75-80% of all visits to a primary care physician is stress related.
• 75% of adults reported experiencing moderate to high levels of stress in the past month and nearly half reported that their stress has increased in the past year.
• Approximately 1 out of 75 people may experience panic disorder.
• Stress is a top health concern for U.S. teens between 9th and 12th grade, psychologists say that if they don’t learn healthy ways to manage that stress now, it could have serious long-term health implications.
• 80% of workers feel stress on the job and nearly half say they need help in learning how to manage stress. And 42% say their co-workers need such help.
• Depression is among the leading causes of disability worldwide.
• 36% of all adults cited either their own or a friend/relative’s long-term health condition as a factor. This rose to 44% of adults over 55.
• 22% cited debt as a stressor.
• 12% said that feeling like they need to respond to messages instantly was a stressor.
• 49% of 18-24-year-olds felt that comparing themselves to others was a source of stress, which was higher than in any of the older age groups.
• 36% of women who felt high levels of stress related this to their comfort with their appearance and body image, compared to the 23% of men.
• 32% of 18-24-year-olds cited housing worries as a source of stress.
• 60% of 18-24-year-olds and 41% of 25-34-year-olds cited the pressure to succeed as the source of stress.
Luke. 12:29-31 do not you Philippians 4:6-7 Do
St Augustine famously Heb. 13:15 Therefore by Needs
A. Is Any Sick Among You, call on the elders
B. The Prayer of Faith: the lord will raise them up
A. Confess Your Faults
B. Effectual Prayer
Our bodies are
What Matters to You
A. Elijah Was a Man
B. Powerful in Prayer
1 Pet. 5:7 d Cares!
• Why should we pray?
• Why should we pray for one another?
• Why is prayer so powerful?